bkgnd

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

my weekly favourite


To encourage me to blog as much as possible every week I have decided to include 'my weekly favourite' post which will occur every Monday (in this case Tuesday because a girllll needs her sleep after a super fun long weeeekend!)

Speaking of super fun long weekends, this past one Matt and I spent at a friends cottage near Sundridge ON. It was so nice to have a break from everything! There was no cell reception, meaning our blackberrys stayed in the car the ENTIRE time (although my fingers seized up yesterday when I replied to my full inbox of texts in record time) We caught up with friends we havn't seen since last summer and just had a really fun and carefree time.

On Sunday we drove into town to try and find a glow stick because Dakota is absolutly impossible to see at night so we came up with the idea of glowsticking her collar which worked amazingly, except we ran out after Saturday night because one of the packs was a dud :(

Instead of finding a dollarama in this little town, we found Jeffrey. Jeffrey Dickerson and his wife own a small craftstore in SouthRiver where they hand make beautifully framed artwork. In addition to their stunning peices they are incredible people. Ive never met such trusting, honest and genuine people ever. We couldnt resist purchasing some art from Jeffrey because it was just stunning and right up our alley with the custom made barnboard frames. We spoke with his wife at their store, she insisted we go down to the old rail station to meet her husband) He was organizing a yard sale fundraiser for the station to raise money to restore the old building. After we chatted about colours and size we asked if he knew where to find a glow stick, he could only think of one spot - his sons dresser. We politely declined because how could we take a kids toy! But Jeffery insisted and we decided buying a box from the sale would clear our conscious. So as I perused old dishes, books and kids toys I found some old glass. When I first saw it I passed by but on my second time around the table it made me stop because I saw past the dirt to the stunning deep green colour and the neat shape. I saw it sitting in my window with my Great Aunts vases and it was perfect.

This weeks fav goes to small towns and their amazing people. And to yard sales, and pretty glass.

And if you would like to see some of Jeffreys Art, go here: (http://www.countrystylepictureframing.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment