bkgnd

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

randomness


I read blogs like multiple times a day ( a little obsessed i know ) I just like to see whats up with other photographers and I feel like its so cool to connect with people so anonymously with a blog. One of the many blogs I follow is Claudia Hung's. I met her through a friend and she is my inspiration as a photographer. She was so kind and helpful to me and made me realize that my dream can come true and gave me such amazing advice on where to start and how to get better.
I was reading her blog just a few minutes ago and read a post she made about Steve Carty - and I love this segment from his interview and just thought id share with all y'all :)

Idea and execution.
Compelling element.
You have to look at photography in order see what’s current and contemporary but at the same time, if you look too much at photography you become influenced by what other people are doing and you become Style of the Month guy.
There’s only one sun – one light.
If you stop getting that excitement when you get an edit or when you shoot, you need to hang up your camera.

ps. becauseee every post is better with a pictuuure here is a painting i did a few weeks ago :)

JAD

No comments:

Post a Comment