bkgnd

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

my mornings.

Everyday I awake to pretty much the same thing. To little purrrrs that creep up from the bottom of my bed until I can hear them inches away from my head and then a bit of a jealous sigh and some sniffs proceeded by big paws sneaking their way up the bed so they are in easy face licking range too.

This is my usual morning. I then try and push them away for a few extra minutes of precious snooze time.. however the above is just repeated, only the sighs get louder and more dramatic until I finnalllly give in.

Growing up we had a 'family' dog which I loved but never really participated in. I mean sometimes I would take him for a walk or give him the odd dish of food or water... but for the most part he was my parents pet.

When Matt and I first moved in together, this was the same thing. He had his dog, and sometimes I would care for her, but she was HIS dog. It wasn't until recently that this changed. I think it really changed with the purchase of our home, because now I spend most of my days at home with Dakota and Dolly, not only am I an active caretaker of our pets, but I now include them in my daily activities. I make sure I have a few minutes to cuddle and throw a ball and do tricks ( I don't do tricks, thats Dakota silly!) I really get that 'animal' love now. but I can feel how much they love not just Matt but now me. It really is an amazing thing, and I love them so much! I took a few shots of them to remember how it feels to be loved so fiercely by something.

And as for our morning routine, I think its adorable and love their little antics.

*jad

No comments:

Post a Comment